Win a copy of "India At Risk" by Jaswant Singh
The contest is closed. Thank you all for your enthusiastic participation.
And the winners are...
- Anurag Shandilya email id email@example.com
- Aravind R email id firstname.lastname@example.org
- Himanshu Bhargav email id email@example.com
- Saswat Rautray email id firstname.lastname@example.org
- Soumen Maity email id email@example.com
5 winners win a copy of "India At Risk by Jaswant Singh"
Revealing many misunderstandings, misconceptions and untruths about the wars India fought in the past decades,
Jaswant Singh’s new book
India at Risk
is a powerful revelation of what really happened behind the scenes, and among the military personnel and political figures of the highest order,
during times of crisis.
Experience over sixty-six years of independence reveals that India has failed when confronted with challenges to national security, external or internal. The challenges have been comprehensive, but the response consistently amateurish.
Why, asks Jaswant Singh. Is it on account of conceptual fault lines or fractures in governance? Both, says Jaswant Singh, ably laying bare the challenges, responses and the consequences of failing to reach the goal of credible defence and security in independent India.
Having directly handled the responsibility of managing a whole series of security-related challenges, Jaswant Singh provides a uniquely informed and illuminating analysis of the major challenges that India has faced over the last sixty-six years: the conflicts, the issues, and the consequences that remain with us today.
Important reads about the prize book:
Review of India at Risk
An Interview of Jaswant Singh, about India at Risk
What are the rules?
- The contest is open FOR 5 DAYS ONLY, from December 04th, 2013 to December 09th, 2013.
- The contest is open for Indian residents only. The prize will be shipped to an Indian address only.
- The winner will be declared by December 12th, 2013. The winner will win a copy of India at Risk.
- The prize will be sent directly by Rupa Publications, which will take 3-4 weeks time. IndiaBookStore is not be responsible for sending the prize.
- The entries earned through Amazon order ID, will be valid only when the purchase is made through IndiaBookStore (during December 04th 2013 - December 09th 2013). In case if a contestant provides wrong information, we will cancel their participation.
- If a contestant earns entries through invalid email ids, we will cancel their participation too. In the last contest, we found a few participants creating fraud email ids. Such contestants will be eliminated from the contest.
How to participate and maximize your chances to win:
The mantra to win the contest is - "The more entries you gain, the greater your chance to win".Some important tips and information :
- Refer a friend : You can get 5 points for every friend who participates through your referral. So get as many friends as possible to participate. However, remember to do this through the contest widget only, else your referral will not be tracked.
- Waiting to buy that book of yours? Buy it from Amazon (via IndiaBookStore only) and tell us
order ID - you can earn 30 entry points for every separate order that you place during the contest.
- Go to www.indiabookstore.net
- Enter the name of the book you want to buy and press search
- Filter results by Amazon (select the amazon checkbox on the right side of the search page)
- Click on your book, and then click the Buy link to proceed to Amazon and complete your purchase
- Please note: ONLY the orders that are placed through IndiaBookStore during November 29th, 2013 - December 03rd, 2013, will be counted for this.
- Earn entries through all the options to increase your chances.