Inferno the movie based on the novel of the same name by Dan Brown, hits theatres this weekend. Care to catch up on some trivia? Here goes!
1.'Inferno' is the fourth book of the Robert Langdon's saga. But it is the third one to be adapted for a film.The third book featuring Langdon, The Lost Symbol was the least popular in the series. No wonder it never made it onto the screen!
2.During location filming, the film's codename was "Headache".This may be a reference to a concussion suffered by Robert Langdon early in the story; the tale begins with Robert Langdon in a hospital, apparently a victim of amnesia. (How very Bollywood, eh?)
3. Irrfan Khan plays the 'Provost' in the movie.Irrfan Khan was actually supposed to play another role, but he specifically requested Ron Howard, the Director, to give him the role of the Provost, Harry Sims.
4. Tom Hanks wrote a special note to Irrfan Khan, welcoming him to the sets on his first day.Isn't that sweet of him? Awww…
5. An exclusive trailer was created for Indian audiences.
This here is a trailer specifically crafted to appeal to Indian audiences. In other words, there's a lot more Irrfan Khan… his is the ominous voice we hear at the end.
6. The ending is different!Reportedly, early reviews say that the ending is different from the one given in the books… and it's a much more optimistic one. "Where book readers might expect the bad guys by the end to turn out to be characters A, B, and C, instead it transpires they’re actually X, Y and sort of Z. ", says one review.
7. "Inferno" the movie releases this Friday in India… 2 weeks before the US release.The US release date is October 28th, but we'll get to see Robert Langdon – and Felicity Jones as Sienna Brooks – a full two weeks earlier. Are you excited? We certainly are!